Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Email #58 (Gilbert, AZ)

September 29, 2014

FAMILIA!!!!
Holaaaa. Well, this week was the birthday week and it was great. My companion made sure to remind me every day (starting last Sunday) that it was my birthday WEEK. So she said happy birthday to me pretty much every day this past week haha. But it really was a great week, filled with a lot of miracles, a lot of love, and a lot of cake (a lottttt of cake...). But THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!!! I absolutely loved it. I especially loved all of your letters. Thank you so much for that. I seriously have the best family in the world. Just sayin'. My birthday day was so great and both our members and investigators alike just made me feel so loved and special. The Morales Fam took us to Joe's bbq in Gilbert where I got a free birthday meal!! It was soooo good, and we're definitely going there when we come back as a family. And then we had a lesson with Tim and he baked me a cake AND got me a gift. Tim is the sweetest. OH! And he's on date for October 17th, so that is a birthday milagro for sure. And then later that week, my compi made a brigadero cake for me (brigadero is Brazilian deliciousness) and Hermana Villalba took us out for lunch, our favorite less active Rafael made us dinner and a Tres Leches cake (best I've ever had in my life) AND the Maynez family gave us another delicious tres leches cake yesterday. It was just great. Birthdays bring many opportunities to share the gospel!
The one thing I wanted to tell you about that was incredible this week was our lesson with Edna. She is one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and it is incredible to see how God is working miracles in her life as she is giving her heart to Him. In our lesson on Saturday, she essentially bore her testimony to us about the Book of Mormon and told us that she feels it bringing her closer to God than she ever has been before. You can tell in her eyes that she knows what we are teaching her is good and true. She is scared of the commitment of baptism, because she knows how important it is, but she said she has been thinking about it a lot. We invited her to pray about the 17th of October (it's just a great day:) haha) to be baptized. She told us she'd think about it because it's so soon. But that lesson was one of the most amazing lessons I've ever been in. The Spirit was so strong and was testifying to all of us the truth of the message of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Between us, Edna and our awesome member, Carly, we could feel of our Heavenly Father's love for each of us so strongly. It was one of those moments where it was yet again confirmed to me that this work is true and I am so blessed to be part of it. Edna is such a special and amazing daughter of God, and seeing her enter the waters of baptism will be one of the best days of my life.
This gospel is true. I know it. And thanks to my mission, the experiences and trials Heavenly Father is giving me, my companion, and the amazing people we are teaching, I know it now more than I ever have in my life. I know that the gospel was given to us by a loving Heavenly Father so we could make it back to Him one day. I know that He sent His Only Begotten Son to suffer and die for us in order make that possible for us. His Son is my Savior, my Redeemer and I know that He lives. And because He lives, we will all live again, and if we do all we can in this life to follow his example, we can return to live with him and our Father again, as eternal families in His kingdom. I know that God has restored His gospel on the earth through His prophet, Joseph Smith, and that the authority and power to act in God's name was restored in order to provide us the ordinances needed to enter back into Heavenly Father's presence. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that by reading it I have come to know my Savior and my Father better than I ever have before. I know that we have a living day prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and that by learning and living His counsel, and the counsel of the Twelve Apostles, we can know exactly what we need to do in order to make it home someday.
I am beyond blessed to be a servant of the Lord. Being a missionary is the best. This gospel is the best. My family is the best. I am just too blessed to stress (as Jake would say).
So, yep. That's pretty much it.
 OH! NATE!!! FELIZ CUMPLEANOS ESTA SEMANA!!! TE QUIERO, HERMANITO!!!!
Hahaha alright well I love you all tons!!
Moroni 8:3
Hermana Lattina
Birthday Time!
Hermana Carvalho's famous Brigadero Cake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment