Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Email #57 (Gilbert, AZ)

September 22, 2014

Querida familia,
HOLA! Sounds like Olivia's cumple was a blast! I'm so glad she got to ride a horse! Dreams do come true! Did she get my card?:) I know my artistic talent isn't prime, but it was made with a lot of love. My little baby is 3! I can't even believe it!
And WHAT??? You had 33 non-members at church yesterday??? That is amazing. I'm excited to hear how the primary programs goes as well! Let me know who comes and how it goes:)
Well, this week was an interesting one. I got this weird flu thing on Tuesday and it lasted until Thursday. It was one of those times where I really, really missed my mom. But my super great companion took good care of me, so I survived:) That's one of the worst things in the world though, getting sick on your mission, because you feel so useless! All you want to do is go out and work, but at the same time you feel like you're dying, so all you can really do is lie in bed and sleep.
That consumed a huge chunk of our week, but the good news is that we still were able to see many miracles!
We had a miracle Monday night because all three of our investigators were at FHE! They seemed to have an awesome time and the members are doing an awesome job of fellowshipping them. They are all coming along at their own special pace, but the progress that we've seen with all of them is amazing. Especially Edna. I really think Edna is getting close to baptism. She is very sensitive to the spirit, and despite the fact that she's a little stubborn, she knows that God wants her on this path and that baptism is something that He wants for her. We taught her the word of wisdom on Thursday and we had an awesome member with us! Her name is Carly and she just got back from her mission in the Philippines. Anyways, she was really helpful and I think her testimony helped Edna understand the importance of the Word of Wisdom and the blessings that come from it. But Edna was hysterical throughout the whole lesson because she is not happy about the fact that she has to give up coffee and wine, but she knows it's what she needs to do. She also has been reading every day this week and has even almost been late to work a few times because she gets so caught up in the Book of Mormon! It is a cool thing to see how the Spirit works with her, and how often times when she has doubts and questions, she is able to answer or resolve them herself because the Spirit brings the truth to her remembrance:) She is awesome.
Also, we are teaching this little boy named Luis in the Spanish area. His mom, who is less active, works a ton so they aren't able to come to church very often. He is 8 and wants to get baptized, so Hna Perez (his mom) wants us to teach him and prepare him for baptism. He and his siblings are the CUTEST kids ever!!! Luis reminds me so much of Nate when he was a little bit younger. He cracks me up! They are the best though, definitely one of my favorite families I've met on my mission. OH and we had a miracle yesterday in our finding efforts in Pueblo! We took our good friend Mariem (a prospective missionary-she is AWESOME), with us to visit some people after the Book of Mormon class, and she suggested that we go visit Alex and Veronica and their two kids, some friends of Mariem's family who have come to a lot of activities, but never come to church and are extremely busy with work all of the time. We've been trying to contact them for a while now, but weren't able to get in, until last night! They were home and we were able to go in and get to know them a little better and (despite the mom repeatedly mentioning that they are Catholic), we were able to share our testimonies of how the Gospel strengthens families and the importance of reading the scriptures. We are going to try and go by to read the Bible with them this week:)
It's crazy that it's my birthday already tomorrow... how did this happen??? Just yesterday I was in Mexico, right? This year has really flown by. It's been the craziest but best year of my life so far:) I am so grateful for my mission and for all the things I am learning and in all of the ways I am growing. We went on exchanges this week and Hna Baria (she goes home this next transfer) was sharing with me some pearls of great price that she has gained whilst on her mission and she said, "Don't miss a moment". This is such precious time that the Lord has given me, and before I know it, it's going to be gone. That realization has stuck with me for the past few days and has made me feel pretty nostalgic, especially having a companion who is leaving me so soon. I can't miss a moment that God has given me out here to serve Him and bring His children back to Him!
Alright, enough with the cheesiness! I hope you have a FANTASTIC week!!! Thank you for all your prayers and love. You all are the best! Moroni 8:3
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Lattin


Spanish Speaking sisters in the Gilbert Mission!

0 comments:

Post a Comment