Sunday, June 15, 2014

Email #40 (Queen Creek, AZ)

May 26, 2014

Familia!!! 
Hola!! How's the best family in the world doing?? Hope life is treating everyone well. Happy Memorial Day!:) 
This week has been a great one! I'm trying to think of the things that happened... but my brain is a mess right now because this morning we got a call from President and he told us that due to an emergency transfer, we will be getting another companion... so we'll be in a trio with another sister, Hermana Mireles. So the next few weeks of this transfer will be very interesting:)  Sister W was companions with her at the beginning of her mission and has some interesting stories about her.
Speaking of Sister W, I just gotta tell you how much I love my companion. She is awesome. One of the humblest, nicest, coolest, chillest, most hard-working missionaries I've ever met! Within the past 5 weeks, I've laughed more than I have in a long while and learned a lot about being more Christ-like. She is awesome.
Anyways,  this week was great! We taught a lot and really strove for exact obedience. We found two new investigators, and soft-committed them to be baptized! Jose y Juan. They’re two pretty cool guys that we found while trying to find another investigator, and we asked them if they would be willing to listen to our brief message. They told us sure and we sat down and introduced the Book of Mormon to them with the "How to begin teaching" points (PMG). It was one of the simplest, most straight-forward lessons we've ever taught. Since being out on my mission, I've been discovering the value of teaching the pure doctrine of Christ. I've realized how important it is that as missionaries we focus on always relating what we are teaching back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the pure doctrine found within: Faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. That knowledge and understanding of the Gospel is what is necessary for people to know, not a lot of the fluff that comes out of my mouth occasionally during lessons, English and Spanish alike:)
 Challenge for this week: read 2 Nephi 31 to better understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'll do it too. I promise that with understanding the Gospel and it's pure doctrine more, we will have a greater capacity to share it with our friends, and by doing so, they will be given the path to eternal life.
I'm sure I'll have more stories for you next week... we're picking Hermana Mireles up today so we're in for a treat! Haha
LES QUIERO, FAMILIA!!
Hermana Lattin

0 comments:

Post a Comment