Sunday, June 15, 2014

Email #42 (Queen Creek, AZ)

June 9, 2014

Hoooooooooooola!
I love reading  all of your emails and hearing about what's going on at home! I bet Stake Conference was AWESOME! I love all of the promises of reading the Book of Mormon. I never fully realized the impact that book has made in my life until I came out on my mission. We're going to try and help the Hernandez family start reading the Book of Mormon as a family so those promises would be great to share with them. And I'm so glad Nate did awesome on his talk!!! I can't wait to read it:)
So, we got transfer calls this morning and both Hermana M and I are leaving Hermana Lana. I don't even know what to think!! I am so sad to leave Hna Lana because we get along so well. She has become one of my best friends this past transfer and I'm going to miss her a lot. Along with that, the thought of leaving the ward makes me want to cry! Who knows what will happen though... there are a lot of possibilities and I could stay in the ward and go to my old area. That or I'm going up to the branch in Gilbert. Who knows! But I know that whatever happens, the Lord is in it, and wherever I go and whomever I'm with will help me grow and become the missionary and person He wants me to be. I'll let you know next week what happens. Pray for me and my new companion!
This week was really great! We had Rodolfo, Jose Hernandez and Rey all at church yesterday! MILAGRO!!! Rodolfo may or may not have fallen asleep during Sacrament meeting, but he stayed for all 3 hours and said he really liked it!! He is making so much progress. We are going to extend June 28 again to him this week for a baptismal date! Rodolfo is yet another example to me of the fact that one cannot progress in the gospel (member or investigator) unless they are willing to LIVE the gospel. Reading the scriptures, praying, coming to church are vital pieces to coming unto our Savior Jesus Christ. That's why it is so important that we do these things with a sincere heart, because if we don't, we cannot expect to progress. That seed of faith (Alma 32) cannot and will not grow, flourish and produce the everlasting fruits of eternal life unless WE decide to plant it and then put our full effort into watering it, giving it sunlight and cultivating it on a day to day basis. Rodolfo is putting in his effort in taking care of that seed of faith and he is seeing the fruits of that labor! He is such a humble man and willing to do anything to get closer to Christ. It's amazing!
We have yet to meet with Rey, but he came to church and he has a strong desire to learn and to grow. I know that Hna Lana and her new companion will be able to help him come unto Christ!
Here are the answers to the rest of your questions:
1. Yes, Romeo is still meeting with us. He isn't super committed to learning more, he really just tags along with Osvaldo. But who knows! Meeting with us and Osvaldo could change his heart and give him that desire to learn more!
2. We met with Maybelin this past week and she was finally really honest with us. We invited her to come to church again and she told us straight up that she wasn't ready to change. So we're probably going to back off from her a little and focus on just teaching them as a family.
Okayyyyy! Well I love ya fam! Hope you have another busy but great week of summer!
LES QUIERO MUCHO!!!!
Hermana Lattin

0 comments:

Post a Comment