Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Email #39 (Queen Creek, AZ)

May 19, 2014

Hola Hola Familia!!!
Everyone sounds like they're doing great! I hope you all know how much I LOVE YOU.... I always wonder how I got blessed with the best family in the world. I am one lucky missionary!
It has been quite a week!! It was filled with some teaching, awkward oym's (open your mouth), laughing, lots of speaking spanish, learning, and everything else that comes with missionary life!
We had Zone Conference this past week and it was pretty great! I just gotta say that President Nattress has got to be one of my favorite people in the world. This mission is so blessed to have him and his sweet wife. Whenever we get to see him, he always awakens my mind to how important my calling is as a missionary and the vitality of exact obedience to the Spirit. I've almost been out for 9 months now (WHAT THE???) and I did not fully understand this principle until this past week. I've never been disobedient by any means, luckily I was trained how to be obedient by one of the best missionaries around (Sis Chavarri), but I wasn't fully aware of the WHY until last week. It just kind of hit me. Exact obedience is how we qualify for blessings! There is a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants that says "There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world upon which all blessings are predicated-- And when we obtain any blessings of God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." How amazing is that?? When we receive any blessing from God, it is because of our OBEDIENCE! I love that. I am also realizing that obedience is what drives us missionaries to work and work hard. By our obedience, we are given the Spirit, and it is only through the Spirit that we can teach. I then think of all the people I have met here and come to love because of this beautiful opportunity to serve and teach by the Spirit. It all starts with obedience! And obedience starts with truly, fully and completely loving God! The only thing he has given us that he has no control over is our hearts, or our will. So will we decide to be obedient and wilfully give our hearts and will to Him, so we may be blessed according to His love and mercy? I hope so! I am really going to focus on that this week, because it is through exact obedience to the Spirit (meaning that if the Spirit prompts you to do something, you've got to have the courage to do it!) that we will see great blessings and MIRACLES! I am way excited to see the milagros that come from our efforts this week!

Okay Mom, here are answers to your questions:

1. My companion is awesome. She makes me laugh all the time. She's probably the humblest person I've ever known and she's even more go-with-the-flow than I am... hahaha we have a good time. Our teaching skills together are improving poco a poco. I just hope she realizes how awesome she is, because I feel like she doesn't see herself in that way! If she saw how great she was, she'd have a lot more confidence:) But we're doing really well. We haven't really encountered any issues. She does have Celiac disease (gluten) so that's really hard for her because her health isn't the best. But she hardly ever complains and I admire her a lot for that. She is great!
3. My planning is improving... haha I'm trying to keep more lists and write more things down so I remember things better. Thank goodness for our planners!!!
4. Am I still afraid of spiders?
 I guess I never told you about the time in the barn when I saw a scorpion in the bathroom... did I? I don't remember but Sister Hair was the one who caught it and eventually killed it. She's a brave soul. I've been doing a lot better with killing bugs though! Usually if they are not huge, I can kill them pretty easy, but there are some pretty scary spiders out here that I have yet to see so.... I'll let you know if I ever have to kill a black widow or something!:)

Alrighty, well I love you all!
Keep on being the best! Moroni 8:3
LES QUIERO!!!!
Hermana Emma Lattin

0 comments:

Post a Comment