Thursday, February 27, 2014

Email #27 (Queen Creek, AZ)

February 24, 2014


Familia!!
Missions are so fun and they're the BEST! So hard and challenging in ways I never expected, but so great in ways I can't express!!!
This week was a pretty great week. We had a few ups and downs, such as finding out I had a slight case of bronchitis on Tuesday, but I got some meds and kept on working, so all is well. I am so sad Nate is sick! I will be praying for him extra hard this week. Tell him I love him! And that is so cool that Alex got his patriarchal blessing! I am excited for Sammi this coming Sunday as well. Hers will be amazing too.
This week was pretty good. We had some good times and bad times (as a companionship), and in my letter home I'll tell you about the little freakout that happened the other night... but we worked things out! So overall, everything is just fine and dandy! Our ability to teach as a unified companionship is definitely improving. Thank you SOOOOOO much for your letter, Mamita. That letter helped me through a really rough time where I just didn't even know how to deal with my companion. Thank you for your love and for your advice. I wish I could express via email how much that letter meant to me, but just know within the past week I've read it at least 10 times!
We saw a lot of miracles with our investigators, although none of them came to church yesterday so that was sad. We had an awesome lesson with Mirsa on Tuesday with some members (the Clonts-they're soooo cute! I love them), and Mirsa got to ask and express some concerns she had, especially with Joseph Smith. Hermano Clont bore his testimony so powerfully of Joseph Smith, and it was just what she needed. I hope you all know how much we as missionaries appreciate and LOVE the members we serve with. We are so grateful for their service and help, whether it be dinner, finding investigators, or coming out with us. Your efforts with us as disciples of Jesus Christ working together to bring souls unto Him is always the best! And I know that the missionaries in Orchard ward feel the same way.  Anyways, we had that great lesson with Mirsa. Something amazing that she said was despite the things people had told her about Joseph Smith, despite the opposition she has gotten from her boyfriend and others, she cannot deny what she has felt when she comes to church and meets with us. She knows that she needs to be baptized. She is amazing! Hopefully she can make a decision soon as to whether or not she will get married to her boyfriend or not. Which brings me to another subject... her boyfriend. I don't have a whole lot of time to talk about him but I just want to tell one story about him, which will illustrate what kind of person he is. We had a lesson last week with Mirsa, and everything started out great until about 10 minutes into the lesson we hear these loud cat noises from the kitchen. Mirsa kind of just laughed uncomfortably and shook her head and said "el gato". But it kept going. For 30 whole minutes, this cat was meowing from the kitchen and was interrupting our lesson. Mirsa seemed way uncomfortable, embarrassed and annoyed the entire time. A few days later we found out that it was PACO. HER BOYFRIEND. He was the one making those cat noises for 30 whole minutes. It was so ridiculous. So.... yeah we aren't a huge fan of Paco.:)
I want to share another milagro from this past week. On Saturday, it was our service day. We went over to this lady's house, her name is Claudia, to paint some rooms in her home. We went with Sister Chavarri and Sister Welch, another sister in our mission that they were on exchanges with. We walked into her tiny front living room and it was probably one of the saddest living conditions I've ever seen in my life. There was stuff everywhere, grime on the walls, and it smelled like rotting food. It was obvious that they were very poor and destitute. I couldn't believe this poor woman was living there with her 4 kids. She didn't want us to paint because she didn't want the paint fumes to hurt her little baby, so we offered to clean the room. So that's what we did, for a good two and a half hours. You'd be so proud of my cleaning, Mom! I was scrubbing those walls like a mad woman! Afterwards we shared a message about Jesus Christ and she agreed to read the Book of Mormon. It was such a humbling experience to understand and see that people live in such difficult circumstances, and to be able to share the love of Jesus Christ with her was a very special experience that I won't ever forget. I am so blessed to be serving my Heavenly Father and serving His children. Always remember Mosiah 2:17!:)

Respuestas:
1. YES!!! I got the Chipotle gift card. Thank you so much! It was a great day when I got to grace my mouth with a Chipotle burrito:)
2. We are no longer in the same zone as the elders that are serving in Aunt Elizabeth's mom's ward, but I will find out more info on her!
3. Yes I have been sharing my ideas and thoughts with Hermana Bukoskie:) Sometimes they aren't accepted that well, but I'm trying.
4. This Sunday, will you fast for Mirsa and her situation to get better so she can get baptized.

I'm out of time, but I hope you all know how much I LOVE YOU!!! You are all the very best. I am so blessed to be in such an amazing, wonderful eternal family.Have and awesome week.
Les quiero MUCHISIMO!
Hermana Lattin

0 comments:

Post a Comment