Saturday, February 8, 2014

Email #24 (Gilbert, AZ)


February 3, 2014

Hola hola, Familia!!
So I'll just start off with the big news for this week: I'm getting transferred. I'm not going to lie, I'm struggling with it a bit. I'm trying really, really hard to be positive about it, but I am really sad to be leaving. Sister Chavarri is one of my best friends and I'm having a hard time picturing my mission without her:( We've become super close and unified in our companionship, and I am sad that I have to leave her. Not to mention the fact that I won't be with someone fluent anymore (most likely) and I'm a little bit worried about my Spanish and I won't have her to help me anymore! I also am so sad to be leaving our ward, if I do leave it. It might work out where I just move to a different area but same ward, but I could also go up to the branch in Gilbert so we'll see. But what am I going to do without the Garcia family in my life??? AH. There are so many things that are going to make this transfer extremely sad and hard, and I'm not sure what will happen. But, the one thing I do know is that Heavenly Father is in charge and He knows best. Even when we don't know why things happen, He does and He knows how to best help us to become our best selves! I was having a mini anxiety attack in personal study this morning, with fears and doubts just running through my mind, but then I read in 3rd Nephi 13:28-34. Ever since transfer calls last night, I've been thinking "Heavenly Father, how can I do this? All that I know and love on my mission is right here. How can I leave it? How can I face this change without Sister Chavarri? How can I do it?" But in the end of that section of scriptures it says "...your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things" and then it says "Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself". I have faith that everything is going to work out for the best, wherever I go. I came on a mission knowing that transfers were real and that change happens frequently, therefore I have to just trust that God knows all of my needs and he knows exactly what to do and where to send me to help me be the very best I can be.
So I will send you my new address next Monday! Pray for me this week please:)
But before transfer calls, our week was amazing!!! OH! And our new investigator, Carmen (I don't think I told you about her yet) is getting baptized this Saturday!! She is Hermana Allred's (who is in our ward) sister and she is truly amazing. She lives in Mexico but she wanted to come and take the lessons here and get baptized here, so that's why all of this happened so fast! She is probably the most Golden investigator we've ever had! She has such faith and such a desire to follow Jesus Christ. We are excited for her:)
Also, Ramon Garcia is on date for February 15th!!! AH! That's going to be an amazing day:) I don't care where I am, I am coming back for that baptism as well:) Oh, and Juanita and Jesus came to church yesterday! Juanita wants to get baptized, but we haven't picked a date for her yet. Jesus isn't quite as sure but really wants to know more! They are awesome. It was a great week!
I'm so happy to hear that this past week was a good one for all of you as well! I can't believe the Broncos lost:( Sad! But that's okay, maybe next year! Haha those videos of all of you dancing to Bruno Mars' half time show were so great! I love and miss you all so much!!! I will for sure continue to pray that this week will be a peaceful and calm one, especially with Sammi and Alex getting their licenses:) haha
Mom, here are the answers to your questions:
1. Guadalupe and Gerardo need your prayers. Thank you so much for fasting for them!! They definitely need it. Last time we went over there (Saturday), Guadalupe (who is very catholic) essentially chastised Sister Chavarri for changing religions, so we did not have the most effective lesson. But they are still wanting to go to the Temple Open House, so thanks to your fast and prayers, their hearts will be softened, I know it!
2. I haven't gotten ,my hair cut yet, mostly because I'm afraid to go to someone who doesn't know how to cut curly hair! I miss Kelly Lewis!! Haha:)
3. That would be GREAT to have some family home evening lesson ideas for kids!! I'm so excited! Thanks.

Thank you soooooo much for mailing me letters! I love getting mail from everyone. I'm going to try and write everyone back in the next few weeks, but it might take a bit, since I have to start packing up my stuff today. But I will make sure to write everyone back eventually, I promise!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
I wish I would have seen Brother and Sister Tanner! That's so cool that they came to the Temple Open House! It is BEAUTIFUL!
Okay, well I love you all so much!!! Have an amazing week and remember that you are ALWAYS in my prayers!!!
Con mucho amor, Hermana Lattin

Awkward Car Pic-Showing off our double chins:)

An amazing companionship, hard to say goodbye

My beauty never ceases

0 comments:

Post a Comment