Thursday, February 27, 2014

Email #26 (Queen Creek, AZ)

February 17, 2014
FAMILIA!!!!! Hola:) Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for the Valentine's package this week!!!
AH! I love you all so much. Thank you for all your sweet personal notes you wrote me on the paper hearts and for lifting me up. I really needed to hear all of those things that you wrote to me. I LOVE YOU. I cannot tell you how much I've felt your prayers this past week. I was expecting it to be really rough, but it wasn't at all. I mean, Sister Bukoskie and I still had our moments and I'm continually realizing that I need A LOT more humility. I tend to blame a lot of the issues I have with other people completely on them, but Heavenly Father has been proving me very wrong with that. I don't anticipate Sister Bukoskie and I ever becoming best friends, but we will be a good, hard-working companionship. We have a co-senior companionship, which may be a challenge, because she has a much stronger personality than me, so her opinions and ideas override mine a majority of the time, and I think that just adds to my own pride issues because the entire time I'm thinking my ideas are better than hers when they might actually not be...yeah
I'll write you about it more, because I'm just rambling right now. :)

So I just gotta tell you about the milagros we experienced this week with
Vanessa and Francisco! So, Sister Bukoskie and Sister Baria were having a really difficult time getting a hold of them, and we were too, but on thursday they were HOME! Vanessa works a lot and even when she is home, she is usually sleeping because she's always exhausted. But this time, we went over there and she was awake and she invited us in! We got to sit down with them and Vanessa essentially said that she knows the church is true (she has been taught by missionaries before and has been to church before) and she wants to get baptized! Francisco was a little bit quieter but expressed a lot of interest in baptism as well. They've been through a lot of rough things in life, and they both can see and feel the light the Gospel brings. We taught them the
Restoration the next day, then we went to the temple open house with them on Saturday! So they went for a long time not seeing them (I didn't even meet them until Thursday) and then all of the sudden the miracles began! But... they aren't married. Those ring pops you sent for Valentine’s Day are going to come in handy!!:) hahaha but that is their issue right now and they don't really have the money or means to get married any time soon, and it doesn't help that Francisco is on a payment plan for 3 years to pay for something he stole a loooong time ago, so that complicates things a little. So pray for them that the miracles will continue to happen and that they will feel a great desire to change and be baptized. They are amazing and we love them!
OH!!! Ramon's baptism was SO beautiful. Seriously it was amazing. He had to get re-baptized 4 times, because he was struggling to bend his
knees. But he was such a good sport and kept on going until he did it! And afterwards I went to give him a handshake to congratulate him and he pulled me into a big hug! Haha I was surprised to say the least:) He is amazing and I feel so blessed to have been able to teach him.
Questions:
1. Our two roommates are Sister Sanders and Sister Wilkinson. Sister Sanders is an STL (Sister Training Leader) and is sooooo awesome! And Sister Wilkinson is hysterical. Both of them are so nice. It's not quite the same as Sis Marz and Sis Hair but it’s still really good.

3. I saw Concha and Rene at Ramon's Baptism and the rest of the Garcias on Saturday. They just kept on hugging me and say "La huera! La huera!" It was great to see them. Concha was so excited to see me and gave me a big hug and kept on telling me she missed me a lot. Rene was like, "We miss you a lot" and my heart broke a little bit. But as far as I know, they're essentially in the same place, just waiting to get divorced then married, which will hopefully all happen by May.
That's the plan at least!

4. YES! Because I am serving in the same ward, we see Hermana Chavarri and Hermana Baria on Sundays and also a lot during the week too, because we are still in the same district and have dinner appointments together.
But it is strange.
6. YES I saw Dad’s aunt!!! I didn't recognize her at first, but I knew she was a Perkins. Then she said who she was and I was like of course! IT was so fun!:) She was so kind and it made my day:)

7. The temple dedication is on March 3rd and we get to attend!!:) I am so excited!!!

Mom, thank you so much for mentioning that part from my Patriarchal blessing. I know that Heavenly Father is with me always, so I have absolutely no reason to fear. As long as I have the Lord on my side, there is nothing to fear. And I totally forgot about what Patriarch Jensen said! That made me tear up a little bit. I need to be more reliable, because I know Heavenly Father trusts me a lot, much more than I deserve. I am so blessed to be serving Him and whoever I'm with and wherever I am, I need to put my trust in Him so He can mold me into the missionary and person He knows I can become.
I love you all soooooo much! Que tengan una buenasa semana!!!
Hermana Lattin


Vanessa and Francisco at Temple Open House

Ramon's Baptism
Happy Day!



MAMITA LATTIN!!

Hey!! Hope the family is doing great!! I just wanted to tell you that Sister Lattin is a CHAMP! I miss her a lot, but I know that she was taken away from me because the Lord needs her talents and her amazing sweet spirit elsewhere. You would not believe how amazing her Spanish has gotten! She sounds good, very Ecuadorian. People actually comment on it and tell her that her Spanish is very understandable.

 I miss her dearly but I know she is growing and learning from this transfer. Anyways, hope Eliana is doing good and hope that the rest of the crazy fam is also doing great!!!
Take care!

-Hermana Chavarri


0 comments:

Post a Comment