Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Email #25 (Queen Creek, AZ)


February 10, 2014

Hola Familia!!!
So here is my address (before I forget):
20934 E. Ocotillo Rd. Apt #1092
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
So... it's been a crazy past week. And I'm going to be honest, I don't know how to feel about everything, but I'm trying to be positive and happy. GOOD NEWS! I am still in the ward!! I'm soooo glad I am still in the ward. What basically happened is Sister Baria and I just switched. I am with Sister Bukoskie in her area and Sister Baria is with Sister Chavarri in my old area. So Sis. Chavs and I are still in the same ward and district, so that's good! Not quite the same as companions, but that's okay. Change is a good thing, right? Right. Especially when it's change directed by the Lord. So my area is farther south now and none of it is in Gilbert, so it's even more cow town than before! There's this one part of it that's called "the Boonies" and it's way way country haha. I'm companions with Sister Bukoskie now. She is a hard worker and very obedient. And very different from Sister Chavarri. I am going to need to be a little more Christlike and open my heart to this new area and my new companion, then everything will be great. I'm just having some growing pains, that's all. I know that the Lord wants me here with Sister Bukoskie for a reason and I trust that His plan is much MUCH better than the one in my own mind:) Pray specifically that I can open my heart and have a lot of PATIENCE AND HUMILITY this week!
But the transition itself hasn't been too bad. I could feel your prayers within those first few days because Heavenly Father gave me a lot more strength and courage than I would have had on my own.
Oh! For new investigators to put on your list: Mirsa, Maybelin, Ariel, Brian, Francisco and Vanessa. I will write a letter about them when I meet all of them:) The only one I've met so far is Mirsa and she is amazing! She was a former investigator and knows it's true. She just needs to get married! But she doesn't really want to get married to her boyfriend, so that's a slight problem... We had a tender experience with her this past week due to some back pain that she's been having from a recent car accident. We went over with the Elders so they could give her a blessing. The Spirit was SO strong and when it was over, she couldn't talk for a while because she was on the verge of tears. I know she felt God's love for her from that blessing! Pray for her that she will be healed and that she will have the courage to do what she needs to do to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized.
Okay Mom, here are the answers to your questions:

1. Yes I did go to Carmen's baptism, and it was BEAUTIFUL! I love Carmen so so much! I feel blessed to have taught her, because her testimony and spiritual strength taught me a lot, probably more than I taught her:) She wants me to marry her son.... hahaha awkward. But it was a beautiful, spiritual baptism. Carmen is going back to Mexico this week and she is going to bring Christ's light back to her family and friends, and I am very excited for her! And yes, I can go to Ramon's baptism since I taught him:) That is going to be amazing as well. I'll tell you all about it next week!
2. Yes, this is the last week of the temple open house. It will be strange to have something that we waited for so long to all of the sudden be over, but it has been a fantastic tool so far! It will be great also to have it dedicated so we can go to it!!! So excited!
Have an amazing, fantastic week this week! I pray for Sammi and Alex's safety every day so that they'll be safe on the roads:) Congrats guys! I knew you could do it:)
HAPPY VALENTINES DAYY!!!:) I love you all sooooooo much! XOXOXOXO
Hermana Lattin
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment