Saturday, March 8, 2014

Email #28 (Queen Creek, AZ)

March 3, 2014
Familia!!! Hola hola!
I can't believe Brynna is engaged!!! Tell her congrats for me. So weird and crazy but I am so happy for her!
Hna B and I are just dandy! I am really doing well. I'll give you more info about it in my letter home this week!:)
Goodness I have so much to talk about this week I don't even know where to start... I guess I'll just number it so I can cover it all.
1. Last monday we went to a Greek Orthodox Monastery for our zone activity. It's out in the middle of nowhere down in Florence. I included some pics.  I look ridiculous! When we got there, they had clothes for us to wear so we could be in proper clothes... everything had to be covered, so we were wearing these really stylin' skirts and long sleeved (mens) shirts with scarves to cover our heads. Sister Chavarri kept on looking at me and laughing because I guess my outfit was just too cool for school! On a more serious note, it was very interesting though to experience the Orthodox religion. It was interesting to feel how different the Spirit is there in comparison to our Church. We don't say we have the truth for kicks and giggles, we really do have the truth, all of it! You can FEEL the difference of the Holy Ghost manifesting the truth in a lesson while talking about the Restoration, or the Plan of Salvation, or the Gospel of Jesus Christ as compared to when the Monks were giving the tours of their chapels. It brought me back to when I was 14 and I was in Kirtland, Ohio and we were touring the Kirtland temple with a tour guide from the reformed LDS church and I was thinking "Why don't I feel the spirit like I did this morning when we had our morningside in the temple?" It's because we have the full and complete Truth! And the Holy Ghost will always testify of truth (Moroni 10:5). But it was VERY cool to experience something very different and unique. I enjoy learning about other faiths.
2. Both Mirsa and Isabel came to the baptism of Mayra, Edgar and Brandon (Garcia fam) this past thursday! It was truly un milagro, because the Spirit was so unbelievably strong there, and it was a perfect place to allow the Spirit to teach them without having to say anything at all. When cute little Brandon was stepping into the font to be baptized, I looked over at Mirsa and there were tears just streaming down her face. She knows this gospel is true and wants to be baptized so bad, so continue to pray for her situation with Paco. With your fast yesterday, I know we will see miracles this coming week. Another plus to the baptism was that I got to see the Garcia family!
Update: Concha and Rene are still planning on getting married in May!:)
3. The Cultural Celebration! Did you watch it?? Since I don't have a lot of time to talk about all of it, I just gotta say that when they played the clip of President Monson making the mission age change announcement, I lost it! I hadn't seen that in so long, and the fact that the announcement changed my life forever, hit me so hard. It was awesome. Also, I realized how AMAZING this generation of youth are. They did such a great job singing and dancing and bearing their testimonies. I just want to remind Sammi, Alex and Nate, and any other youth reading this email, that you truly are amazing. Satan knows your potential, and it scares him. That's why he is going to do everything he can to stop you from reaching it, but you have to show him that you remember who you are, children of a loving Heavenly Father, and that you have greater divine potential than even Satan can comprehend. Remember who you are and the blessings God has in store for you if you stand up against Satan and stay TRUE TO THE FAITH.
4. The Dedication! AH! It was soooo amazing. I was reminded over and over again as to how blessed I am to be here in Gilbert, Arizona with this beautiful new temple. It was an amazing opportunity to be part of the Open House, and to see the direct influence that the spirit of the Temple has had on the entire area. I am so excited to go to the temple now that it is dedicated! I love our prophet, Thomas S. Monson. He is truly a prophet of God! I will write this week more about it but I just want to mention a common theme throughout the dedication was "Rededicating yourself to the Lord".
It was a crazy, awesome, fun packed week! I can't believe it's already the 5th week of the transfer... time is flying.

Okay well I love you so much! Espero que esta semana este fantastico!
 Les quiero muchisimo!
 Hermana Lattin



Pictures from our tour at the Greek Orthodox Monastery in Florence, AZ




0 comments:

Post a Comment