Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Email #62 (Gilbert, AZ)

October 27, 2014

Holaaaaa familia!
Sounds like you had a fun weekend with the church Halloween party. All the kids looked so cute! AH! I love you all so much you have no idea.

We had a good week this week, even though it was a bit crazy. Hna Carvalho spent most of the mornings and afternoons studying in the office and doing her BYU application. I was out with Hna Chavarri and Hna Lana, but I did help her out with her application sometimes. She took the ACT on Saturday.
Missions are the best, and one of the best parts about it is the people you meet. The people you serve with become your greatest friends, and you learn so much from them. There is something about being with someone all day every day that can make life really hard or really great:) in this case, it made life really great! I feel so blessed to have been companions with Hna Carvalho the past 3 transfers, and I've become a better person because of her Christ-like example to me of spiritual strength, determination, humility, virtue, obedience, faith and love. She is an amazing missionary, and an all-around amazing person. She taught me so much about the Atonement, that Jesus Christ is real and that through Him, everything and anything can be overcome, we just need to trust Him.
The thing about a mission, and about companions, is that you are learning and progressing spiritually in ways you never have before, and that spiritual learning and progression happens right alongside your companion. I am so grateful for Hna Carvalho and the impact she has had in my life. I don't think she'll ever know or understand how much she's changed me for the better. She's the best. She leaves tomorrow morning and I bet her parents are beyond excited to see her! That will be such a happy reunion! She'll be traveling around the US with her parents for a bit, and she's coming back here on the 8th of November, so I'll get to see her one last time before she goes back to Brazil! And then hopefully she'll come back to party with me at BYU!!!:)
Sorry I spent the whole time on that... haha but that's what's on my mind right now so it just came out while I was typing.
In all the busy happenings of the week, we made it to the Phoenix Temple Open House twice this weekend! It is soooooo beautiful! And Tim, Edna and Tony all loved it:) We're hoping their hearts were softened. I'll send pics home of it!
OKay, well I love you all so so so so so so so so much!!!! Have a great week and keep on being the best. LOVE YOU.
Con mucho MUCHO amor, Hermana Lattin

Hna Chavarri, Hna Woolstenhume, Hna Carvalho, Hna Lattin

Phoenix Temple Open House with investigators!


0 comments:

Post a Comment