Sunday, April 20, 2014

Email #33 (Queen Creek, AZ)


April 7, 2014

Hola, familia!!
Sounds like it was a fun week getting back into the swing of things:) haha the week after spring break is always a little rough. I am so sorry I am emailing so late. We got haircuts today, so we got to the library pretty late. Mom, we went to this lady in Sister Adam and Hibbard’s ward and she did it for free! I just got all my split ends off... it was pretty bad!

 Anyways, WASN'T GENERAL CONFERENCE AMAZING???
 I don't think conference has ever gone by so fast. Why is it that time flies when you're having fun? It's so frustrating. I wanted it to keep going, and I was so sad when it was over. That's what happens when you're a missionary, I guess... everything you look forward to is spiritual (or at least it should be;)), and so General Conference is like a fiesta espiritual!!!  Needless to say, I loved it. My favorite was President Uchtorf's talk! I love the idea of gratitude being a disposition, or state of mind, rather than something that is conditional upon whether or not life is going smoothly. Definitely interesting to think about.  Elder Bendar's was amazing as well, and Elder Ballard's, Elder Hollands, Elder Scott's, President Monson's, ALL OF THEM! They were all so good. I enjoyed President Monson's message about love being the pure love of Christ. As disciples of Christ, he is our Exemplar of everything, and especially in the way he loved everyone and anyone. It makes me think of all the things that keep us from loving others: fear, judgment, pride, etc, and how often we let those things form barriers between us and others, with holding us from accomplishing God's greatest two commandments. What can we do to break down those barriers so we can recognize and take all those opportunities we have to love others every day? I think the first step is seeing every person for who they truly are: A child of God! Thoughts on that? Anyways, conference was amazing! I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I can't wait to re-read them in the Ensign!:)
So this week was a fun one! It went by ridiculously fast... I hardly had time to blink before sitting at this computer again to email you!:) We had a lot of awesome lessons with great investigators. The biggest and most prominent was probably with Mirsa, but the information that went along with that lesson is a little too sensitive to send via email, so I'll write it in a letter home today really quick before P-day is through. Keep on praying for Maybelin because she is still struggling to see and understand the importance of there being one true church. Although she loves having us over, she isn't progressing much, because she has closed her heart to the truth that is essentially sitting right in front of her. After we watched the Joseph Smith movie with her and Ariel, I was feeling the Spirit very strong and thought for sure that they could feel it too... but neither of them were as moved as I was, and it was a tad awkward. I haven't felt that frustrated with an investigator ever I don't think. It wasn't that I was angry, it was more because I just love Maybelin so much and it is difficult to sit and watch her not recognize the truth. Definitely pray for her. Also we met with Isabel and are hoping to help her progress toward baptism sometime this month!:) Pray that she will feel a need to be baptized and feel the Spirit testify of the truth.
I love you all so so so much!
Have a fantastic week!
Hermana Lattin


My companion and I asked this lady outside of Walmart if she needed help. All she told us we could do was bring her cart back in. I  thoroughly enjoyed that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment