Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Email #19 (Gilbert, AZ)

December 30, 2014


Familia!!!
I cannot tell you how GREAT it was to see all your faces on that computer screen this past wednesday. Even though it was for such a short time, it still made me soooooo happy to be able to see and talk to you!! 
I hope you always remember Moroni 8:3. I love each of you so much and pray for you every night. But our skype session was definitely the best Christmas present a missionary could ever ask for! Plus new scriptures, it was one of the best Christmases (is that even a word?) I've ever had!!! I'm glad you liked my package!! Have fun watching Chicken Run today:)
I was worried I was going to be sad after skyping, but it was actually just what I needed to lift me up and as Hermana Abreu said to "recharge my batteries". Missionary work is hard and stressful, and sometimes it's discouraging. But, part of what makes it totally and completely worth it is knowing that my family is happy and safe back at home. I know that our family is being blessed by all of our sacrifices to have me out here, and that alone makes all of it worth it! But what's great is like Elder Ballard said in his book, Our Search for Happiness, you can never do more for the Lord than he can do for you! Not only has he blessed me with blessing my family, but he has also blessed me with the opportunity to see and experience miracles while serving him!
The miracle this week was that Patricia came to church, for all three hours!!! Before Luis came back from his mission, she hadn't been to church once throughout her three years of investigating the church, and now in the short month he has been home, she is staying the entire time! We love Patricia! She is going to talk to her "esposo" this week about getting married so she can be baptized. Pray for him to soften his heart! She has such a great desire to be baptized, and she knows it's what she needs to do to follow Jesus Christ, so we are really praying that her esposo will agree to get married.
Anyways Mamita, here are the answers to your questions:
1. We are going to try and get Rene and Concha back on date for a baptism on Jan 25th.
 I'll let you know how that goes!

2. Our spanish ward struggles a little bit with supporting missionary work, but with our AMAZING temple presentation for the Gilbert Temple open house, we are hoping that we can get our ward excited about missionary work. We are starting to see a shift of feelings on missionary work and their responsibility as members to help with it in the positive direction, and so this year should be a great year in our ward!

3. New Years day is a normal day for us:) New Years eve we have to be in by 6 and we get to have a 3 hour Preach My Gospel Read-a-thon!!! PARTY.

I cannot believe I'm going to have a new baby sister in  the next coming weeks!!! SO WEIRD. I am so excited though!!! 
Eliana is still my favorite name choice out of Liliane, Eliana, Gwenyth, and Sophia. I like Eliana spelled with one "l" better. And actually Sophia was my first pick for my first baby girl, just like Olivia was! Stop stealing my names!!! hahaha but you can use it if you want:)
 I think whatever you pick will be the perfect name!!
Okay well I have to get going. Have a fantastic week and remember that I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Con mucho mucho amor,
 Hermana Lattin

0 comments:

Post a Comment