Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Email #9 (Queen Creek, AZ)

October 21, 2013
Familia familia!
Hola! Sounds like you had a busy busy week! I showed that picture you sent me of Olivia to Sis. Chavarri and she just about died:) haha why is she so CUTE??? ahhhh I miss my little Olivia. I miss all of you so much as well, but you should know that I am so happy. This mission is the best thing ever. And I'm gonna quote Shelby when I say: "This mission is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm the happiest I've ever been!" It's so weird how that works, but I know that it's because every day that I give to the Lord, as I am learning how to submit my heart, my mind and my will to Him, he is slowly molding me into the person that He wants me to be, which is someone much better than I could ever make of myself. And as I am learning how to be more Christ-like, and as I share the joy of the Gospel with others, I am feeling more joy than I could have ever imagined! Spanish is hard, and talking to people is really difficult, but every good moment I've had overpowers all the moments of discouragement by ten fold! It is amazing.
Anyways, Francisco's baptism! Oh my goodness it was so powerful! The spirit was overwhelming. Oh and it was so great to see the Perkins (Dad’s cousin and his wife)! As if my day wasn't great enough,  they showed up and said hi to me! It made me so happy to see them. I'm going to be honest, I didn't recognize them at first, but then once they said their name I was like, "Oh of course!" They are awesome. Let them know they can come see me anytime they want when I have a baptism (which is a lot hopefully:)) Haha but the baptism was amazing. I don't have enough time to tell you the whole story of the Garcia family, but I started telling Alex about it in his letter this week, so he can share the story in its entirety with everyone. I LOVE LA FAMILIA GARCIA!!!
We had another amazing experience with them, actually just yesterday! So every month the Mission President has a Recent Convert Fireside. I haven't been to one yet, but I've heard their amazing. We were supposed to go yesterday, but Francisco and Teresa Garcia couldn't go with us anymore because their daughter had here baby! Yayyy! We were a little bit sad about not being able to go to the fireside, because in order to go you have to bring an investigator or a recent convert. But instead we decided to go over to the Garcia's house and see how they were doing. When we got there, only Concha (another one of their daughters) and her boyfriend were there. Concha is one of the daughters that isn't a member yet. They offered us some food (of course! they always try to feed us when we go over there), and we talked to them about the Church and missions. Eventually, the rest of the fam came home from the hospital and we shared a spiritual thought with them and ate with them. Then Rene sat down and started asking us about the Church and asked questions about what we do as missionaries. Then he goes,"So what do you guys teach? Give me an example of what you teach." So, that's exactly what we did. We gave him the first lesson in Preach My Gospel and then he started asking us questions about the Book of Mormon and how we know its true and then he shared an experience where Heavenly Father answered his prayer and it was the coolest thing I've ever experienced. Oh, this was all in English by the way, so I was loving it haha. But the Spirit was so so strong. Hna. Chavarri and I could not stop smiling when we left! We are teaching him and Concha tonight again, so pray for us! Especially for me, since we will be teaching them in Spanish:)
But this showed me that Heavenly Father has everything planned out. If we had gone to the fireside, we would not have been able to teach Rene! It is amazing to me how much he watches out for us and that he loves us enough to give us what we need, and not necesarily what we want.
Okay Mamita here are the answers to your questions:\
1. YES I LOVE THE SHOES!!! They fit perfect and are sooooo comfortable and cute. They are my favorite pair that I own. Thank you!
2. Yes I have enough blankets for now. I sleep really well at night and I am neither too hot nor too cold:)
3. BRADEN NASH!!! That's crazy that he is serving in Uncle John and Aunt Liz’s ward! Tell them to tell him I say hi:) (Michelle and I went to his mission call opening)

In response to the question for your laurel class: The Gospel is for everyone. It isn't just for the people who have it right now. God is our Heavenly Father and that means we are all His children, and because we are his children, he loves and knows each of us more than we could ever imagine. It is our commision as members of the Church to help others understand this amazing relationship we have with God. To deprive others of it just because of how they act or the choices they make by not sharing that love with them is very prideful. Because we know the joy that comes from knowing that Heavenly Father loves us, and that we are his children, it is our job to help others feel it too.  All anyone needs is love, not judgment. Everyone needs to know the love that Heavenly Father has for each of them. And part of helping people feel that love is sharing it ourselves. Read Moroni 7:) I'm not trying to chastise but rather trying to help the understanding of the importance of loving others, no matter the circumstance. I know it's hard, but what Heavenly Father asks us to do isn't always easy, but it is what will bring us the most happiness and joy in our own lives. I hope that helps:)

Anyways I love you all so so much! Thank you for all that you do and all of your prayers. You are my inspiration everyday to try harder and work harder.
I love you more than all the delicious food that we eat at dinner (which is a lot):)
Con MUCHO amor,
Hermana Lattin

0 comments:

Post a Comment