Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Email #76 (Gilbert, AZ)

February 2, 2015

Hola Hola Familia!!!:)
Sounds like everyone had a pretty good week! Ours was good. A few rocky days, but overall it was good. And yesterday was an AWESOME day. Fasting brings so many miracles. Beatriz, Tim AND Chris all came to chruch!!! It was so great!
Beatriz is progressing really well. She loves church and she really loves having us over to teach her. She told us this past week that she doesn't feel ready or worthy to be baptized yet, but that's okay because she definitely has a sincere desire and real intent. I have no doubt in my mind that once she receives an answer from God, she will do everything she can to follow what He directs her to do. She is amazing and I love her so much!
And Tim is great. I am so proud of him. Yesterday he came to church and stayed all three hours. He was chatting and sticking with his friends, and at Break the Fast he didn't even sit with us! He is progressing so much now that he is coming to church and it is awesome. We are planning to invite him to be baptized again this week!:) Pray that he'll accept a date!
And Chris Mendez came as well! It was so awesome because he promised us he would and he came!!!! It was so cool. And all the testimonies were exactly what he needed. The problem was that I think the Spirit was too much for him to handle, because in the middle of testimony meeting he said he had to get a drink of water, so he left and never came back. He texted us later and said that he was sorry, but he just didn't feel worthy to be at church:( it was so sad. But he did make the step of actually coming. He'll get there someday, I know it!
Also, because it was fast and testimony meeting, I was able to bear my testimony for the last time in both the Branch and YSA. I bore one in Spanish and one in English. Ironically enough, I think the one in Spanish was easier for me! Haha.
It was a weird feeling. Honestly, it's still not really real to me that I'm going home. I think one thing that scares me the most is that there isn't enough time to still change and get rid of the faults and weaknesses that I still have. The days that were rocky this week were rocky because of the realization of my many weaknesses, and I was extremely frustrated with myself that I still have so many. I was trying really hard to get over it and just be happy, but it seemed like every day presented a new weakness of something I still needed to change. But that's where the Atonement and my Savior's love for me became very apparent again to me in my life. I know I'm not perfect, but I also know that if I have changed as much as I have over the past year and a half, there is still hope for continued change for the better, whether I am on my mission or not. Ether 12:27 tells us that God shows us our weaknesses so that we can be humble, and this week was very humbling. It also says that God can make those weaknesses strong, but only under the condition that we humble ourselves and have faith in Jesus Christ. I do have faith and I know that my Savior makes it possible for me to change and become better every day. How grateful I am for the knowledge of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and His love for us. Yesterday I was able to testify to both congregations that I know that my Savior lives. And each time I did, His love filled me up and I knew that what I was saying was absolutely and completely true:)
Anyways, this week was hard, but good. I was refined and changed for the better!
I hope you all have an AMAZING week!!! I love you all SO MUCH.
Hermana Lattin
Oh, y nos vemos bien pronto:)

Answers to your questions Mamita:
1. Yes, Michelle emailed me and Cec. She seemed good! Is she happy?
2. I have not gotten your letters yet! I'll probably get them today.
3. I guess I forgot to tell you about being a sister training leader. 
We are part of the mission leadership council so we have a few more meetings and then we help and go on exchanges with other sisters. I was specifically assigned over the Spanish sisters.
4. Yep! We write the mission president every Monday. He is the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment